Office of District Development Committee
District Technical Office, Kathmandu
Invitation for Bids (IfB)
Construction of Bridges, Kathmandu District
First Date of publication: 2073/02/17 (May 30, 2016)
The Government of Nepal,District Development Committee, Kathmandu has allocated funds towards the cost of Construction of following Bridges and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments under the Contract for Construction of following works.Bidding is open to all eligible Nepalese and Foreign Bidders.
- District Development Committee, Kathmandu invites sealed bids submitted manually or electronic bids from registered contractors for the construction of following works.
- Eligible Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the office of District Development Committee, District Technical Office, Babarmahal, Kathmandu during office hours or may visit E-procurement section of PPMO’s website http://www.bolpatra.gov.np
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by the eligible bidders upon submission of a written application attaching copy of bidder’s registration, VAT registration and Tax clearance certificate of F/Y 071/72 at the office of District Development Committee, District Technical Office, Babarmahal, Kathmandu. Bidding documents can be purchased within the office hours on or before 2073/03/14 (June 28, 2016).
For the purpose of bidders who choose to submit their bid electronically through E-procurement section of PPMO’s website http://www.bolpatra.gov.np, E-procurement section, the bidders may purchase the hardcopy of bidding documents or may choose to download the necessary part of bidding documents, prepare their bids and submit their electronic bids as specified in the instructions to bidders. In case the bidder chooses to download and submit electronically, the bidders shall be required to deposit the cost of bidding document NRs. 3000.00 ( Non –refundable) in the DDC’s Rajaswa (Revenue) account either by direct deposit or by tele-transfer of deposit in the DDC’s account for the purchase of bids as specified below and electronic scanned copy (PDF format) of the bank deposit voucher or tele-transfer certificate shall also be submitted along with the electronic bid files.
Information to deposit the cost of bidding document in Bank :
Name of the Bank : Nepal Rastra Bank, Thapathali, Kathmandu
Name of Office : Office of District Development Committee, Kathmandu
Rajaswa shirshak (revenue heading ) no. 1204701 001 043 524
- Sealed Bids must be submitted to the Office of District Development Committee, District Technical Office, Babarmahal Kathmandu on or before 12:00 hrs. on 2073/03/15 (June 29,2016). Alternatively, bidders may submit their bid electronically through E-procurement section of PPMO’s website http://www.bolpatra.gov.np as specified in the instruction to bidders. Late bills will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically and electronically at 13:00 hrs of the same day of bid submission in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
- Pre-Bid Meeting shall be held at the office of District Development Committee, Babarmahal, Kathmandu at 14:hrs. on 2073/03/03 (June 17, 2016).The bidder or his authorized representative is encouraged to attend the pre-bid meeting. The purpose of the meeting is to clarify any issue regarding the bid documents and to demonstrate the process of e-submission and opening of bids.
- Bids must be valid for a period of 90 days i.e. (2073/06/10)(26 Sept, 2016) after bid opening and must be accompanied by bid security amount as described in details of works and issued by commercial bank, which shall be valid valid for 30 days i.e. (2073/07/10)(26 Oct, 2016) beyond the validity period of the bids or scanned copy of the bid security in pdf format in case of e-bid.
If a bidder wishes to submit the Bid Security in the form of cash, the cash should be deposited in Deposit NRB A/c No. 1204701 001 030 524 of District Development Committee Kathmandu.
- if the last date of purchasing, submission and opening falls on a government holiday then the next working day shall be considered as the last day in such a case the validity of bid security shall be considered from already specified last date of bid submission.
- Bidders are advised to visit site and assess the actual site conditions before submitting their bid.
- The Employer reserves the right to accept or reject, wholly or partly any or all the bids without assigning any reason, whatsoever.
- Work Experience :
Minimum required work experience of similar nature over last 10 years:
- For Contract No. Sapantirtha/W/NCB/24/072-073 : At least three number of any type of single span motorable bridges with well/ pile foundation with span length of equal or more than 20m
Atleast one number of multi span motarable bridge with well/pile foundation having span length equal or more than 45m.
- For Contract No. Nikhileswor/W/NCB/25/072-073 : At least one number of any type of single span motorable bridges with well/ pile foundation with span length of equal or more than 20m.
Details of Works
|S.N.||Contract Identification No.||Name of Project & Location||Minimum required Average Annual Turnover of the best 3 years over last 10 years including VAT NRs.||Price of the bid document, NRs.||Bid security amount in NRs.|
|1.||Sapantirtha/W/NCB/24/072-073||Construction of Sapantirtha Bridge, Tokha/Tarakeswor Na.Pa.
|2.||Nikhileswor/W/NCB/25/072-073||Constriction of Nikhileswor Bridge, Budhanilakantha Na.Pa.(Dhobikhola)||2,00,00,000.00||3000.00||3,40,000.00|
(अन्नपूर्ण पोष्ट दैनिकमा मिति २०७३ जेठ १७ गते प्रकाशित)